From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ryan Wright
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 12:08 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Loose steering

Thanks Martin & Greg, I'll poke around under there and see what I can
come up with.

I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned the bearing (?) in there...
I've read so many posts on the list about replacement of that part I
thought for sure that would be the culprit. What are the symptoms when
that goes bad?

-Ryan

On 6/1/06, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steering rack or more likely the knuckles or a combination of the two.
>
> If the rack moves left to right, it's not been installed correctly -
> check out the right hand mount for the flange being located in the
> little "ears" of the bottom plate. This makes more sense when you see
> it! I've come across a car recently missing this plate entirely
>
> Martin
>
> Ryan Wright wrote:
>
> >What are the likely causes of play in the steering wheel? It's never
> >been perfect, but seems to be getting worse...
> >
> >For what it's worth, my tie rod ends are new.
> >
> >-Ryan

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM