   Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 11:48:53 -0400
   From: Kevin Abato <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2006 DCS Chicago Caravan from Mid-Atlantic area

I spoke to many people about the caravan subject at this weekend's DMA
spring social, and it looks like we will be organizing 3 caravans for the
drive to Chicago:

1. People who want to drive out Wed
2. People who want to drive out Wed and stop overnight
3. People who want to drive out Thursday

I am going to suggest routes and meeting places for each, and ask for
volunteers to head each of the 3 caravans
It is TOO impossible to have everyone in one caravan due to driving
preferences, personal schedules, etc not to mention It will be too slow with
that many cars.
I will also try to make a checklist for members of the caravan to go over to
make sure that they/their car are ready for the trip  (suggestions
welcome....2 way radio, car inspected, full tank of gas at initial meeting
spot, spare alternator belt, etc...)

I will post more info and details in a couple of days on the DMA website
with more details.

- Kevin Abato
  DMA Activities Director