Re: [DMCForum] 5 speed parts...

Ryan Wright wrote:

>Has anyone figured out if there is a manual tranny that fits in our
>cars and can handle higher HP? Or are we just screwed when the parts
>for the stock tranny dries up?
>
>-Ryan

The problem is that you need a transaxle that's suitable for rear
mounting. Don't worry about these UN1 parts drying up, they're so
popular over here. And you can buy a gearset for them for around $3200
which will take it beyond 500hp capable. Sounds a lot, but how much is a
porsche transmission?

Martin