Re: [DMCForum] door dings WAS Re: eBay car in AR. - some thoughts on the

Re: [DMCForum] door dings WAS Re: eBay car in AR. - some thoughts on the car

Greg,

On 3/26/06, timnagin <timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If these cars do become garage queens that will surely limit the number of
> parts anyone is willing to recreate.  I would say enjoy the car and drive it
> and try not to think about what could happen as that just ruins the
> experience and could cause something to happen.  I say this, of course, as
> my car sits in piles of parts. :)

In my opinion, they already are garage queens. Most of the cars for
sale have fewer than 20k miles on them; often they have under 5k.

That's one of the other reasons I have no problem driving mine daily.
Worst case, if I needed to completely replace the car, it will be
trivial to find someone who has carefully stored one for me for years
and years, never really using it. I find that rather hilarious. All
these people storing their DeLoreans, unknowingly saving them for
people like me. If I ever need a "new" DeLorean, I'll have no trouble
finding one.

Even so, while I enjoy mine constantly, I also baby it like it's the
last one left. I pray I'm never guilty of removing a good VIN# from
useful service.

-Ryan