RE: [DMCForum] door dings WAS Re: eBay car in AR. - some thoughts on the

RE: [DMCForum] door dings WAS Re: eBay car in AR. - some thoughts on the car

Stephen is probably also considering packaging and shipping, which I can
attest to as being rather high.  If you ship your panel to them you are not
just paying for the repair, but also for insurance and shipping each way.
Jack was able to take his car to the local place which is significantly
different.  You would probably be way better off buying a new door than
sending one to get repaired.  The shipping alone, each way, would be huge.

When I was at the Open House they demonstrated panel repair.  They can do a
lot of these on the car so your labor and time to remove and reinstall the
panel, along with any parts you have to replace while in there, is a
consideration as well.

If these cars do become garage queens that will surely limit the number of
parts anyone is willing to recreate.  I would say enjoy the car and drive it
and try not to think about what could happen as that just ruins the
experience and could cause something to happen.  I say this, of course, as
my car sits in piles of parts. :)

Greg