Re: [DMCForum] Relays & current draw

Chris,

On 2/26/06, Chris Almy <chris.almy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see now. Are the launcher relays currently wired into a remote control
> system using switched grounds? If so, I would tap into the relays on that
> side and run the wiring to your center console switches. From there go to
> the brake switch. So what happens is when the brake is on, one side of the
> switches is grounded. When they are activated, the relays are grounded
> activating the actuators. If the brake is off, the switches aren't grounded
> and nothing should happen.
>
> I hope I explained that well enough. Should work for you and not take any
> extra current or overload the brake switch.

Oh, frack! That's even easier! Yes, they are currently wired into my
alarm system, which switches grounds to actuate them. So yeah, I can
interface with that much easier. Duh...

I was approaching this from an angle that didn't include the alarm
system because I was looking primarily at the trunk release which
ISN'T on that system. In the process I forgot that the launchers are
there, and that the trunk release will also be there when I finish
wiring it up.

This method won't produce an interlock for the alarm system's outputs
to those actuators but that's OK, as I simply can't see that ever
being an issue.

Thanks for such an obvious solution. I should have found that path, I
guess I was too caught up in various other methods and ideas to see
it. :)

-Ryan