[DMCForum] Re: Help! Truck cable broken!

[DMCForum] Re: Help! Truck cable broken!

I'm in. Thank God for Toby's electric trunk release.

I'd installed the electric trunk release but hadn't found time to wire
it yet. I don't think I could have ever been able to catch the actual
release mechanism and apply enough pressure to open it via traditional
methods; it appears the mechanism was jammed

I decided I'd try to fish the wires for the electric release out...
had to peel some of the weatherstripping away, but I got them both out
within about half an hour. The motor wasn't strong enough to clear the
jam right away, but I hit it with +14v half a dozen times and it
finally popped.

Let this be a lesson to all - install a secondary/emergency cable
right away! I'd read about this before but my cable looked to be in
good shape and I figured, "It won't happen to me." Before I close my
trunk again I'm installing two cables and wiring up the electric
release so I have three methods to gain entry. This was by far the
least fun I've ever had working on my car and I'm NOT doing it again
if I can help it.

-Ryan