[DMCForum] Help! Truck cable broken!

My trunk cable is broken & I can't get in. I've tried going up from
above the master cylinder - the carpet & it's hard backing is in the
way and can't be moved enough for access. I've tried disassembling the
cable and pulling on the inner sheath as specified in a procedure
found on dmcnews.com; what was left of the cable just came off in my
hand.

My only chance now is to fish a rod or something in from the passenger
side but I've been working for 5 hours at that with no progress
whatsoever. My whole body aches and I'm frustrated to no end. Any
advice would be appreciated.

If someone can email me a close-up picture of the latch mechanism,
that would help a lot.

Thank you....

-Ryan