RE: [DMCForum] My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet

RE: [DMCForum] My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet

>3. Where the full throttle switch plugs into the wiring harness, there
>is place for two connections. One is for the switch - what's the other
>for? Mine is disconnected.

This is from memory so don't trust this as absolute.  I think that other
plug is for cars with the automatic transmission.  I also remember reading
some people reporting that even though they had the 5-speed, the wrong plug
was connected as they both will fit.

A local owner had the surging problem as well, though it wasn't too bad.
His throttle spool was gummed up enough it wouldn't fully engage the switch
and the switch would stick, etc.  He cleaned that and the switch really well
and the hunting went away.  I know very little about the PRV and am only
reporting what he did so keep that in mind. :)

Greg

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS