Re: [DMCForum] Re: ANOTHER EBAY SCAM: Warning if you are thinking of buy

Re: [DMCForum] Re: ANOTHER EBAY SCAM: Warning if you are thinking of buying a car this way

Lauren,

> I bought my car on eBay, and I don't think I would do it again.
> Although I tried to check it out much in the same way Ryan did, I
> wasn't thorough enough.  I only paid $1500 down, and said I would give
> the seller the rest only after I had a chance to drive the car.

Getting a decent car was just the luck of the draw for me. I could
have easily ended up in the same position you did as I didn't fully
understand the intricacies involved. I had a nice little list of
things to check out provided by many people which helped. I now
recommend any potential owner spend at least a weekend with a group of
DeLorean owners, hang out at a tech session and learn, learn, learn.

> I don't know how dishonest the man I bought the car from was.

Sometimes they just don't know, or have different personalities and
are capable of ignoring all of the little things that add up to bigger
problems.

Sometimes they just don't mind leaving out a few important details so
as to get a higher price for the car.

Sometimes they got screwed when they bought the car and feel it's OK
to screw someone else. I'm always surprised at how normally honest
people justify this. "Well, I'm just getting my losses back." So you
behave like the scumbag who screwed you so as to screw someone else?

Still other times they're just flat out liars looking to make a quick buck.

-Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS