[DMCForum] Re: The power of a DMC

Awsome stories! You're the kind of customers that I used to root for
at the dealership. The sales reps. and managers hated your kind but
for us small desposable minions we loved your kind.

After the salesman saw my car he tried to raise the price but I
reminded him of what he told me when I rode with my buddy in his 93
s-10. That is what I like about working at a dealership for 2.5
years, I know when they are pulling a bs on me. I get kicked off of
lots alot but it's funny. I looked at a 59 Edsel and was asked to
leave b/c they didn't give me a price that fit the car. Then Katrina
hit and gas went threw the roof. lol

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx>
wrote:

> A couple of days ago I was driving down one of the busier 6 lane
roads
> in my area. Some kid in an older Acura wanted to race me - they
always
> do. I pulled away nice and slow from the stop sign, he took off
like a
> bat out of hell. Then he slowed down, and floored it right as I
caught
> up to him (doing the normal speed limit; I'm not racing anybody!).
He
> [...]
> right?" I said, "Of course, but you don't have to be 21 to get
into an
> R rated movie." She said, "Oh, of course not! But you have to be
> buy tickets for a minor." I guess she thought I was some sicko
twenty
> something out with my little prepubescent girlfriend. My wife has,
on
> other occasions, been mistaken for the older daughter of her
friends.

> Anyway, in '99 we tried to buy a new Chevy Z71 and the salesman
was a
> complete dick. He assumed we were kids, I believe based mostly on
her
> apperance but could have been partly on mine as I also look
somewhat
> young - and wouldn't let us test drive a new truck, instead
choosing
> to point us to some older, used models. I asked about a new one
and he
> said, "Those are very expensive." I said, "I didn't ask you how
much
> they cost. I asked if I could test drive one." He refused. We went
> across the street and spend $8k more on a new Mitsubishi than the
> Chevy would have cost. Salesman at that dealership didn't bat an
eye
> when I told him I was interested in a $35k truck. Afterwards, I
> thanked him for his professionalism.
>
> Last story: I went into my credit union a couple of years ago to
open
> another account up. The woman behind the counter was rude and
> generally treated me like shit - that is, until I gave her my
existing
> account number and she saw my balance. Then it's suddenly, "Oh,
sir,
> yes sir, sir, what else can I help you with sir?" I told her next
time
> her attitude changes in response to my balance I'm having a nice
long
> chat with her superiors.
>
> My point: Fuck these people who treat you differently when they
> realize you have money (most people have no idea what a DeLorean
> costs; show them the car and they assume you're filthy rich). If
they
> don't treat someone nice because they assume he isn't well off,
they
> don't deserve my business. I'm not going to prove anything to
anyone
> nor am I going to be happy with fake, bullshit respect. I enjoy
> walking around high end showrooms in regular old street clothes
just
> to see how these pretentious assholes will treat me. If they won't
> give a normal looking guy respect, I'm not breaking out my
> not-so-normal pocketbook. But I will make damn sure they know
exactly
> what I can afford before I walk out on their sorry ass.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS