RE: [DMCForum] OT New Laptop help!!

Yeah I always do that when running on batteries.  I have had a number of
laptops (heck I have 5 here in the house right now), and I have only really
had the choice between the PII, PIII, P4, AMD.  It is with the advent of the
mobile processor that gives me that third and headache driven choice.  Do I
sacrifice a bit of processor power and crank up the Ram to 2-3 gig with a
160 gig HD.  It is not really the price, except the highest processor is
always more expensive than the next option down.  Right now my HP gets about
a hour of battery life unplugged -- maybe.  It is not broken that's the
expected life rating on this unit.

jackstiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- this one is configured as the
power saving Pentium-M as configured for the Centrino crap and windows media
center.

jackstiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- then this powerhouse one would
give me the media center with the pci express and a built in camera

Sorry guy don't link these directly, they will try to email me, but once on
the Alienware site you can retrieve a quote.  Anyone interested can link to
these and tell me what I might expect between them.  If the Pentium-M one
will perform basic functions with the occasional DVD burn, or movie maker
from my camcorder, I will most likely pick that one.  I do make movies form
time to time and need enough power to compile the video and such.

Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461 1981 Grey 5 speed
DMC Vin 16879 1983 Black 5 speed

Yeah I got one-- http://www.myspace.com/jackstiefel