From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jon Heese
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:15 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: OT concept cars...

So you're claiming that there is no connection between the two?  Because

I smell a *very* significant resemblance.  This is the first I've heard
of the "17 year old" theory, but it wouldn't surprise me too much.  I
just wonder why the Chevy concept looks so much like a doctored version
of the red car.  Even the wheels are almost dead on...

What about the drawing?  Was that Chevy or the kid?

Regards,
Jon Heese

Joe OBrien wrote:
> Well, the car at your website was the one designed by the 17 year old
> kid. The one that looks like a charger is from GM.
>

> -Joe
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxx> wrote:
>
>>In September of 2004 (only about a year after they axed the F-bodies),

>>Chevy released some mockup photos and a drawing of what they were then

>>considering as a 2007 or 2008 Camaro concept:
>>
>>http://www.jonheese.com/camaro/
>>
>>It's interesting to compare the newly unveiled concept with that
>>"original" design:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/cnft4
>>
>>IMHO, they cut out some of the better features from the 2004 design
>>(front grille, headlights, hood scoop) in the new concept.  At the
same
>>time, they fixed some of the things that bothered me in the older
>>concept, like the doofy high curving roof and rear fender lines, the
>>dorky-looking windshield, and the funky mirror fairings.
>>
>>It seems like they really "Charger'd" the new design up quite a bit,
>
> and
>
>>I think they need some more tinkering before it will play anywhere
near
>>as well as the Charger, Mustang, et al. have.  GM's definitely behind
>>the ball on this one.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Jon Heese
>>
>>timnagin wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone see the concept cars recently displayed?  I had been
>
> looking forward
>
>>>to what the retro Camaro would look like with a 1969 flavor and
>
> was very
>
>>>disappointed.  That thing looked horrible.  On the other hand, I
>
> am not a
>
>>>fan of Chrysler but that Hemi Challenger looked awesome!  I would
>
> buy that
>
>>>thing right now if it were on the market.
>>>

>>>Greg

>>>Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Dmc
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Dmc&w1=Dmc&w2=Dml&w3=Dmc+fz10&w4=Dm
c+fz1s&w5=Delorean+part&w6=Dml+forte&c=6&s=80&.sig=DnZr22agbzZ0GxZzHfn2B
w>

Dml
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Dml&w1=Dmc&w2=Dml&w3=Dmc+fz10&w4=Dm
c+fz1s&w5=Delorean+part&w6=Dml+forte&c=6&s=80&.sig=Nwzrk_zfAm_-SZBRyK2RA
g>

Dmc fz10
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Dmc+fz10&w1=Dmc&w2=Dml&w3=Dmc+fz10&
w4=Dmc+fz1s&w5=Delorean+part&w6=Dml+forte&c=6&s=80&.sig=3UAV1OrZHolvuN4Q
pduyJA>

Dmc fz1s
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Dmc+fz1s&w1=Dmc&w2=Dml&w3=Dmc+fz10&
w4=Dmc+fz1s&w5=Delorean+part&w6=Dml+forte&c=6&s=80&.sig=BzX_l0ZIKUQhMIfY
53Kjpw>

Delorean part
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Delorean+part&w1=Dmc&w2=Dml&w3=Dmc+
fz10&w4=Dmc+fz1s&w5=Delorean+part&w6=Dml+forte&c=6&s=80&.sig=x-1TsTuACSq
TIceb4I2Yzw>

Dml forte
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Dml+forte&w1=Dmc&w2=Dml&w3=Dmc+fz10
&w4=Dmc+fz1s&w5=Delorean+part&w6=Dml+forte&c=6&s=80&.sig=sL1GNEmWZfbGbEr
QoXTctA>

*      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of