RE: [DMCForum] FW: Google Alert - delorean

RE: [DMCForum] FW: Google Alert - delorean

Below.

--- Jack Stiefel <jackstiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> According to how I read the US Patent offices
> searches, the original DMC
> logo was cancelled in 1985, while DeLorean was
> abandoned in 2003.  DMC
> Houston registered a dead trademarks, not public
> domain. In fact DeLorean
> still owns the rights to DeLorean Automobile
> Company, not sure what happens
> after death.

What about the time between 1985 and 1998 (I think
that is when DMCH registered it)??

The trademark was PUBLIC DOMAIN for those years.
Therefore, a judge would likely rule the CLAIM
invalid.

> They have a claim to the ownership rights by
> registration in the US Patent
> and Trademark offices in the same way Ford owns
> their name.  How more cut
> and dry does it have to be?  If you register Marc
> Levy in the US patent
> office, and they allow it, then you have the legal
> right to say you own it.

Can't argue with that.  They probably do have the
legal right to say they own it, but is it ethical? is
it fair?  My point has always been that is the claim
were challenged in court (properly), DMCH would loose.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte