[DMCForum] Sort of related to the Christmas debate

[DMCForum] Sort of related to the Christmas debate

I recieved this so I thought I'd pass it along.  It has some relevancy to the Christmas debate.

  Chuck

  This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in
a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some
individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept.
11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of
Americans. However...... the dust from the attacks had barely settled
when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the
possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against
immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a
better life by coming to America.

Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of
immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have
recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to
understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has
served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

As Americans...... we have our own culture, our own society, our own
language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over
centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and
women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish,
Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other
language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn
the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian,
right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian
men and women....... on Christian principles............. founded th is
nation..... and this is clearly documented. It is certainly
  appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I
suggest you consider another part of the world as your new
home.........because God is part of our culture. If Stars and Stripes
offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously
consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with
our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how
you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and
our lifestyle.

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his
opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once
you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our
flag....... our pledge...... our national motto........or our way of
life....I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other Great
American Freedom....... THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

It is Time for America to Speak up If you agree -- pass this along; if
you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it
will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all
try, please!