Re: [DMCForum] Sort of related to the Christmas debate

Re: [DMCForum] Sort of related to the Christmas debate

<SNIP>

> "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not
> some Christian,
> right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto
> because Christian
> men and women....... on Christian
> principles............. founded th is
> nation..... and this is clearly documented. It is
> certainly
>   appropriate to display it on the walls of our
> schools. If God offends you, then I
> suggest you consider another part of the world as
> your new
> home.........because God is part of our culture. If
> Stars and Stripes
> offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
> should seriously
> consider a move to another part of this planet. We
> are happy with
> our culture and have no desire to change, and we
> really don't care how
> you did things where you came from. This is OUR
> COUNTRY, our land, and
> our lifestyle.

The writer is incorrect in what is "clearly
documented".  I will stop there, because discussion of
religion and politics is banned on this forum..  This
discussion would be about BOTH.

All this writer is doing, is showing how ignorant he
is about the history of our government, and the
origins of such things as "In God We Trust".

> Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to
> express his
> opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to
> do so! But once
> you are done complaining....... whining...... and
> griping....... about our
> flag....... our pledge...... our national
> motto........or our way of
> life....I highly encourage you to take advantage of
> one other Great
> American Freedom....... THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

The writer is complaining about complainers..  Whining
about whiners..  Amazing!

Funny, that he talks about the events (can I use the
word, evolution) of the American culture.  This
culture continues to evolve, and will be adjusted as
people of other cultures become part of it.  It seems
the writer of this piece is happy with the way things
are right now, and therefore nothing should ever
change.  Again, a true indication of his ignorance.

> It is Time for America to Speak up If you agree --
> pass this along; if
> you don't agree -- delete it!

Right!  Because if we don't agree, we should just keep
our mouths shut.  That is First Amendment for ya!

> AMEN
>
> I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends
> (and enemies) it
> will also, sooner or later get back to the
> complainers, lets all
> try, please!

Anyone who passes this along has become one of the
complainers!

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS