Re: [DMCForum] Re: Warning: Troll Chow!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Warning: Troll Chow!





--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don't try and hide behind others. If I say something
> that pisses off
> other people on this list, BELEIVE ME, they're gonna
> say something to
> me. So don't use "Please, won't someone think of the
> children/listmembers!" as a way out. You only want
> to jump in on easy
> fights so that you can win.

I did not hide behind anyone.  I addressed all of your
points, but just found it odd that you feel the need
to tell me to essentially pick on someone my own size,
as if I am taking advantage of stupid people on the
list.  The contrary is true, I consider the
participants in this list intelligent and (for the
most part) able to participate in an informative
discussion on sensitive issues. 

Fights I can win?  Right, because I have won so many!
LOL!  These are not fights, they are discussions.  So
far, I have seen no clear "winners" on any issues.
However, I have a better understanding of how and why
other people have (what I consider) off the wall
positions on things.  Hopefully, they have a better
understanding of my point of view.

If you goal is to "win", fine..  You win!

>
> CHRISTMAS IS NO LONGER ABOUT RELIGION!!!! It may
> have it's roots in
> religion like other holidays, but it's the
> fellowship aspect that
> people celebrate now days. So when someone wishes
> you a "Merry
> Christmas", they're saying to you, "Hey, Marc, I
> hope you have a nice
> time on your day off." They're not encouraging you
> to worship another
> diety, or even challenging your believes. It's
> wishing you well.

This is not the popular opinion on the topic of
Christmas..  If there is one thing that the
"Pro-Christians" and "non-believers" agree on, that is
Christmas IS a religious holiday.

The roots of a holiday are important.  It is important
for Children to understand why they are getting gifts,
and what the celebration is all about.

If you want to wish me a nice day, you don't have to
wait until Dec 25 to do it.

> What's fucked up is when people like you always want
> to shit on the
> feelings of others by turning a simple greeting into
> some sort of damn
> political debate, so that you can vent your own
> frustrations with the
> world. That's like spitting one someone who smiles
> at you in a public
> place, simply because you feel there may have been
> some subversive
> motive behind what was otherwise nothing more than a
> friendly greeting.

The point was, Religion was banned in this forum yet
members feel it is appropriate to violate that ban by
discussing a religious holiday.

When smiling in public is banned, maybe it will be OK
to spit on people who smile.

> Christmas might be a holiday with religious roots,
> just like
> Thanksgiving, but many of the people who celebrate
> it now do so for
> non-religious reasons.

How do I know that?  Was the "Merry Christmas"
qualified as the secular celebration?  That is why
"Happy Holiday" is more appropriate.  Even if you
celebrate nothing On Dec 25 (like me), I agree with
your argument that a "day off" could be considered a
"holiday".

> I can understand not feeling apart of something, and
> then feeling
> REALLY uncomfortable with something that keeps
> getting pushed upon
> you. I honestly do. I went to a high school in Los
> Angeles. Over 2,500
> students, with only about 300 being white like me,
> and not many of
> them wanting a thing to do with me, because I came
> from a blue collar
> family. I had to attend all sorts of "informative"
> presentations about
> other cultures and their holidays, both religious
> and political
> (Chinese New Year, Armenian Genocide, Ramadan,
> etc.). Yeah, I
> understand the feeling of exclusion, and
> uncomfortable feeling of
> having people tell me that I should be sensitive and
> respectful to the
> holidays of others that I really didn't give a damn
> about. So you know
> what I did? I just let go of the anger, and took
> more pride in myself,
> and my own roots. I know who I am, and where I'm
> from. And I let
> others do the same, and celebrate their own
> diversity.

I am not sitting here plotting my revenge against
those who I feel are disrespectful.  A number of times
in this thread I have been told to "deal with it".  I
have news for you, I DO deal with it!  That does not
mean I should not be able to express my opinions on
the matter.

> Like I say, I understand your frustration, Marc. But
> don't vent your
> anger on others here online. What have you done to
> make your
> dis-satisfaction know to retailers, government
> establishments, and
> others with whom you're angry? Take your anger out
> on them, not
> someone who's intention was to simply wish you well,
> via a
> semi-anonymous internet board.

I'd agree with the statements above if my intent was
to harm others on the list because they disagree with
me.  That is not the case.  Frustration is a good term
(you used), but I would not say I am "angry" with
anyone.

> And that's the problem. You should enter into a
> debate to exchange
> ideas, and share opinions. The goal is to learn, not
> to win. You
> however simply want to start fights like you're in
> Thunderdome. "Two
> men argue, one man flame!"

Why do you call it a fight?  You call it a Fight, you
talk about "win".  Those are not my words.  I have
said over and over on many discussions of various
topics that it is just a discussion.

If your statement is that it does not belong on this
list, that may be a valid argument..  But this is a
step up from posting internet chain-mail jokes which
seems to be the bulk of the traffic during my absence
from the list.

You think I target this list, but it is not the case.
There is no fun shooting fish in a barrel.  If people
did not respond to my comments on the list, I would
loose intrest in posting them. 


> The problem isn't you sharing your opinion. The
> problem is you
> fighting with others. You don't simply present an
> opinion and say,
> "Hey guys, this what I think." and continue the
> conversation. No, you
> state your opinion, and then always go the extra
> effort to attack what
> anyone else says. And if you get challenged on
> something, you always
> pull this victim plea. "Hey, you just disagree with
> me because I'm
> Marc Levy! And everyone misunderstands me, and no
> one likes me,
> because I'm Marc Levy!" in an attempt to once again
> attack the person,
> rather than what they have to say to avoid a
> conflict that God forbid
> you might actually lose.

I dont see it that way at all.

> Been there, done that. My buddy had a horrible
> holiday experience as a
> child, and never celebrates them. Thanksgiving or
> Christmas he won't
> celebrate with her. She'll go over to other friends
> or family members
> homes, and observe the holiday there. Everything
> from the music in
> stores, to commercials will get to him. And yes, he
> too like others
> hates the over-commercialism of the holiday, and how
> it's pushed onto
> others. So no, he doesn't observe it, and is pretty
> uncomfortable with
> all of it. But still, he's respectful of others who
> want to observe
> the holiday, and certainly doesn't impede any of
> their efforts. And
> he's certainly never gone out of his way to subvert
> the good
> intentions of others.

I am respectful of others.  I never told anyone not to
celebrate their holiday.  When people wish me a Merry
Christmas (in person) I don't kick them in the balls,
or lecture them on how inconsiderate it is to assume I
celebrate Christmas.  I just smile and thank them.

Sure, I could have done the same on this list, but
what fun would that be?



           
__________________________________________
Yahoo! DSL ? Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com



SPONSORED LINKS
Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS






Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive