Re: [DMCForum] Re: Merry Christmas

On 12/25/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am sick of the assumption that everyone celebrates
> Christmas.

Well, it's a national holiday, and with a couple hundred million of us
celebrating it (most for religious reasons, some for other reasons),
it's not going away. You'd better get used to it, or you're just going
to wear yourself out being mad every year.

I don't like Halloween, and with children knocking on your door all
night long begging for candy (& threatening you with unknown tricks),
I find that holiday much more imposing than Christmas. But I don't get
angry with it. I don't admonish those who wish me a "Happy Halloween".
I just put up with it because it makes other people happy and who am I
to tell them they can't celebrate? So I hand out candy laced with
strychnine to the little twerps in the hopes they won't come back next
year.

Just kidding about that last part. :) Man, I'm not sure I should post
that joke. I can almost hear the black hawk helicopters landing in my
front yard as I type.

> On top of it all, I find it amusing how some groups
> talk about violence and sex being exposed to children
> against their wishes.  What about children of families
> who don't celebrate Christmas?  Why did my 3 yr old
> Jewish nephew, after opening his Hanukkah gift wish me
> a Merry Christmas?  Try explaining to a 3 yr old..

Try explaining to me how violence = childhood sex = Christmas. As far
as the vast majority are concerned, the first two are on opposite
sides of the "good/bad" spectrum from the third.

Anyway, it's easy to explain that to a three year old. His parents
just aren't doing it, or aren't doing it right. If they were, he would
have known the difference between Christmas and Hanakkah.

-Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS