Re: [DMCForum] Re: Merry Christmas

--- Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Try explaining to me how violence = childhood sex =
> Christmas. As far
> as the vast majority are concerned, the first two
> are on opposite
> sides of the "good/bad" spectrum from the third.

I did not say sex/violence was the same as Christmas.
I was making a comparison on things that children are
exposed to that parents have limited control over.

> Anyway, it's easy to explain that to a three year
> old. His parents
> just aren't doing it, or aren't doing it right. If
> they were, he would
> have known the difference between Christmas and
> Hanakkah.

This same argument could be made for exposing children
to sex/violence on TV or in public.  The same people
who are running around talking about "the war on
Christmas" are the same ones who would be outraged at
gay men kissing in public.  They don't want their
children to see those evil gay's showing affection.
If your argument is valid, then those bible thumpers
can just "explain" to their children about other
things they are exposed to that they dont approve of.

It is not so easy to explain to a 3yr old.

> -Ryan

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10