[DMCForum] Re: Replacement radios, was DeLorean Wiring Diagram needed fo

[DMCForum] Re: Replacement radios, was DeLorean Wiring Diagram needed for Craig Radio

If you really want to buy a shaft radio, I'd buy another Craig, they
look correct for the D.

Or if you want a newer style radio, I'd get a precut DIN panel, and
install a cd player.

Mind you, I prefer the old style (1990 old style) cd players that were
all black, with a green lighting. That actually matches the Delorean
look while still giving you a more modern radio without the gawdy,
cheesy, ultra shiny silver, red, & neon blue of today's radios.

Modern shaft radios just look trashy, since you will still be limited
to a cassette, plus the specialty ones for classic cars run around $249.

Just my thoughts.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:

> Gary,

> I see that JC Whitney has some radios with shafts...

> D² & 6530
> Dave Delman
>
> Message:  17
> Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 04:23:32  -0000
> From: "dmcgman" <DmcGman@xxxx>
> Subject:  Re: DeLorean Wiring Diagram needed for Craig Radio
>
> Anyone have a unit  that even slightly resembles the orignal Craig? I
> am ready to pull  mine.  I know its outdated to even find a radio
> with knobs these  days, but I have seen some classic car radios being
> remanufactured with  todays technology, for Vettes and other cars,
> that look original but have  modern features and quality.  Some
> modern radios are way too  futuristic looking and I think clash with
> the interior  styling.
>
> Gary
>

> Thank  you,
>
> Dave