Re: [DMCForum] Re: Administrative law

I am sure the girl's account of what took place puts
me at blame.  However, the officer HAD NO ACCOUNT.  He
was not a witness.  He issued me a ticket based on the
girl's story?  From a 30 second discussion with me,
then her, the officer with the power of his position
wrote me a ticket which has significant repercussions
on the situation.  I go to court, I get a fine, I get
points, I pay insurance surcharges, and I have a hard
time collecting on the damage to my car.  His
(biased?) decision has the potential to cost me
thousands of dollars, which it has.

If a Lawyer, Doctor, or any other professions were to
misuse their power to cause harm to me I have recourse
through the legal system.  Not a cop though, they are
above the law. Which again is why we are discussing
cops, and not doctors or lawyers..  That takes me back
to my message from the other day that you decided to
not respond to.

--- dmcgman <DmcGman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I hear these stories daily and in most cases when I
> hear from the
> other party is is quite a different account.  Well
> Marc since we
> only hear your side of this story and not the lady,
> or the officer
> in the case, I would say its pretty unreasonable to
> judge a
> situation from a one-sided account.  I would bet
> that the lady or
> the officer has a different account.  As you asked
> about the
> officer, could it be your biased from maybe getting
> a few tickets,
> and not he?  I could assume that since you say you
> have been to
> traffic court, but I will not make that assumption I
> will just ask
> the same question as you did and say I have heard
> many stories from
> those who have had traffic encounters and in most
> cases the one side
> you hear differs or leaves many facts out that took
> place.  I would
> not pass judgement on anything, or any story such as
> this stated
> secondhand, where I heard from only one of three
> parties involved.

<SNIP>