Re: [DMCForum] Re: Controversy

Thanks Jon.

I think the problem is that if I say something that
can be interpreted as negative about a general group
of people, and the reader identifies themselves as a
member of that group, they think I am personally
attacking them.

While I don't know Mike, I have known Gary for a
number of years.  I also know he is a cop, therefore
if the discussion is about his profession I would
expect him to defend the position of cops (as he has
done).  Gary and I get along pretty well in person,
which does make his comments about me seem less
malicious than others may read.  Mike on the other
hand, I don't know if I have ever met him.

The problem goes back to what I think is their
interpretation that I have attacked them.  Therefore,
they feel the need to attack me personally (and by
name).

Some people go through life measuring their success by
being liked.  I'd rather just be me, and if you like
me that's great, if not "oh well".

Know this, I mean no personal disrespect to anyone.
If anyone identifies themselves and thinks I have
targeted them, know now that it is untrue.

--- Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd invite all of you slamming Marc to look at
> yourself.  Exactly what
<SNIP>