[DMCForum] Re: Cop stories

One last time - let me try this - but first, if I misunderstood you, I
apologize.  Now, The ONLY power the police have in traffice situations
(please let's toss out all those "but this happened to me" stories) is
to issue a ticket to someone who has disobeyed a law.

They do not determine the amount of the fine (that has been preset).
And, they didn't write the rules that say that if you don't pay the
fine you go to jail.  Again, the only POWER they have is to give you
the ticket, which, you admit, is not so bad.

If you want to debate the folks with power, debate the politicians and
the courts.

Yes, I'm an old fart.  Yes, I am a "law and order" guy.  Yes, I have
had more than one traffic ticket.  Yes, I deserved all but  one of
them.  Yes, I deserved many, many more that I didn't get.  No, it
NEVER crossed my mind to not pay a ticket.  Yes, in one case I won in
court.

I've met a cop or two that I thought had no business being in that
profession.  But then, I could say the same about some men of the
cloth, many politicians, etc.

I have never felt - - until recently (since 2001) - - that the police
have too much power over my life. Frankly, I'm surprised to hear that
kind of a comment as it applies to traffic infractions.

No more debate from me.

Dick

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS