Re: [DMCForum] Mistletoe belt buckles, naked chicks and hummers...

On 12/5/05, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Really, for me, it's just a matter of principle.  When talking about
> hypothetical first amendment issues, there's a difference in saying that
> you believe something is right or wrong and not having a grip.  I assure
> you that I am an entirely ordinary, sane person.  But hey, if we're
> going to talk theoretical, let's be serious.

Sorry, I did not mean "get a grip" to imply you, or anyone else,
wasn't sane. Maybe I shouldn't have used that phrase. What I meant
was, "Relax, let it be, nobody meant any harm."

> My point had only to do with government policy regarding religious
> holidays, Christmas specifically.  I honestly thought that you were
> trying to say that you believed that everyone loves Christmas and the
> main intention of my original post was to make sure that I misunderstood
> you. =)

Oh, no. I know there are plenty of people who don't celebrate
Christmas. I have a friend who is agnostic and thinks this is a silly
time of year. I don't get uptight over it; nobody should be forced to
celebrate anything they don't want to.

> I agree with you 100% on that.  I hope I didn't come off otherwise.

Nope - we're cool.

--
- Ryan