Re: [DMCForum] 10989

Josh's car, moving under it's own power was good, but
not near as good as seeing the smiles on his and
Cousin Ben's faces when they returned from their spin
around the block.  I could have keeled over with a
heart attack and they would have kept on grinning and
jiving.

To expound on his problems---when we got it started,
idle was around 2000 rpm and if you tried to open the
throttle at all, it would hesitate and try to quit.
Let off the gas and it would stabilize at 2000 rpm
again.  After we got it warmed up, rpm's leveled out
at 2500 rpm, but the throttle worked without much
hesitation.  Any ideas on this high idle problem??

Second problem----we bled the clutch as per all the
advice given by the Forum members and it appeared to
work.  Once we got it running, we couldn't get it into
gear without pumping the clutch five or six times,
then it would go into reverse and all gears.
After running a while, we could not get it to shift
into reverse at all.  I'm thinking he's got bad seals
in either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder,
but not sure which, that is allowing the pressure to
bleed down.  Any ideas on this??

Last question---does the RPM relay have any control
(even remotely) over the spark put out by the coil??
I'm 99% sure his relay is bad (intermitant open) and
while trouble shooting, I noticed no spark from the
coil.

I really appreciate all the help and encourgement you
folks have given in this little quest.  Josh, I know,
is thrilled!!

Mike      TPS      1630

PS:  See Lauren, I told you we'd get it going, and he
still wants to hug me, but that ain't gonna happen
this lifetime. :-)