Re: [DMCForum] Re: Hummer Syop

Robert,

On 12/1/05, therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just want to see if the goals people have of getting an economical
> car with remarkable gas milage are are really attainable, or if it's
> just a convenience to not trade in an unpopular vehicle, because the
> one that we *want* is, in fact, unattainable.

Excellent gas mileage alone won't sell a car. Someone could make an
ugly POS that got 100mpg and few people would buy it. I know I could
go out and buy a Metro today, but I won't. I don't like them.

Everyone who cares about gas mileage and is willing to spend some
money to do something about it has their own ideas of what sort of car
they want. I may get flamed for this, but I personally like the look
of the Prius. It's a neat car, and I thought about buying one a couple
of years ago. But the gas mileage isn't nearly as good as I expected.
If that puppy would average ~70mpg I'd be all over it.

Personally, I want a Tango (http://www.commutercars.com/). All
electric, 0-60 in 4 seconds, 12 second quarter mile and corners better
than a high end Porsche. The perfect commuter. I sat in a prototype;
this car is sweet. But the $85,000 price tag is ridiculous.

--
- Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte