Re: [DMCForum] Garage/shop heating

Greg,

> Keep in mind heat rises so your ceiling-mounted heaters would be less
> efficient.  Are your garage doors insulated?

Nope, no insulation, except on two walls that are adjacent to the
house. I'm sure most of the heat gets wasted. That's fine; I don't
heat for long periods of time. An hour here, a couple of hours there,
rarely I'll do a 4 to 6 hour run on a weekend while doing major work
on a project. That's why I like my 75k btu heater; the garage takes
barely 5 minutes to bring up to 80 degrees. Nice and toasty. Then the
heater runs for ~3 minutes every ~10 minutes or so to maintain the
temperature. $20 worth of kerosene lasts most of the winter.

> This is the one I am referring to for $119.00 at Home Depot.  If the link
> doesn't work go to www.HomeDepot.com and search for "space heater".  It was
> on the first page.

Yep, that's exactly what I've been thinking of. No smell, right?

But then I figured, perhaps I could save the hassle of kerosene with
an electric heater. Or a nice natural gas heater. Something more
"fixed" that I could mount to the ceiling so it wouldn't take up any
of my precious floor space. If I'm buying a new one anyway, I might as
well explore my options.

--
- Ryan