[DMCForum] Garage/shop heating

What do you use to heat your garage / shop?

I've got a basic 2 car garage and am looking for a good heater. My
current heater is a 75,000 btu kerosene forced air unit ("tube" type
construction heater). I love the heat, but the noise is annoying and
the combustion smell unbearable. From what I can tell, it looks like
my options are:

- Radiant kerosene heater -- the fat, round, portable things. From
what I understand there is no combustion smell nor any noise, and
they're cheap. Not a bad option, but I'm leaning toward a more
permanent system.

- Electric ceiling mounted heater. I don't mind putting in a dedicated
30A+ outlet. I am concerned about the btus (most put out 20,000 or
less) and energy costs. Any thoughts?

- Natural gas ceiling mounted. A decent option if I can find a good
ventless system. I don't want to run a vent and I'd like to take the
unit with me when I move; problematic if I've hacked the house up for
a venting system.

- Propane. Not an option, I hate getting propane tanks filled.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

--
- Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10