[DMCForum] Re: Air flow differences between hot & cold

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:

> BIG job to remove the heater core in a DeLorean..
>
> For starters, you need to remove the freon in the AC
> system.

That's true, but I wonder if there may not be an alternative method...

I know that there are quite a few Evaporator cleaners out there on the
market. And if you were simply cleaning the A/C Evap, you could simply
drop down the blower motor, and spray the stuff in.

Maybe there is a way you could spray the heater core down with a
detergent solution, and rise with water to clean the whole thing off?

Unless the flap inside might have a piece of foam sticking to one side
of the chamber, and when the flap moves over, the bypass duct is
closed-off by the flap, and the foam is then stuck to both the flap
and the duct, and seals off the heater core from any air flow? I've
never cracked open the heater box, so I'm unfamiliar with the insides
of it.

-Robert

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte