Re: [DMCForum] It seems too simple.. Why has no one built it for produc

Re: [DMCForum] It seems too simple.. Why has no one built it for production yet?

It seems to me that the "why" is explained in the
patent... To better atomize the fuel..  Your correct,
that the injectors vaporize the fuel, but does it do a
good enough job??  If by pre-heating the fuel (with
excess heat energy from the exhaust of the engine) it
would atomize BETTER, then the engine can run leaner.

Current injection technology still has fuel in liquid
form entering the combustion chamber.  We know this,
because it is common for people to "richen" the
mixture if there is pre-detonation... the liquid cools
the combustion chamber.

After some more reading, It would seem to me that such
an engine would create more heat than current engine
technology.  It is possible that the gasoline engine
designs in use today would not be able to handle the
additional heat. It would probably burn up pistons
like crazy just as a regular "lean run" condition.

On your LPG conversions over there, do they use water
injection to try and recover the 20% loss of power?

Maybe if cars over here were as efficient as they are
in Europe.....

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte