Re: [DMCForum] Re: Air flow differences between hot & cold

On 11/18/05, therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> A somewhat reduced amount of airflow is normal on any car. When you
> increase the heat, you're moving a flap to force more air thru a
> radiator coil, otherwise known as a heater core.
>
> Normally you shouldn't really notice too much of a change at all. At
> most, you *might* hear the sound pitch of the air change as it comes
> out of the vents. But for what you're describing, it sounds like the
> fins on your heater core are plugged up.

Oh, fun. Well, I have all weekend to tear it apart. Are there any
tutorials on getting to the heater core to be found? (For that matter
- the back area that has that foam thing - how do I get that out? It
was virtually impossible to make that foam stick the first time and
it's probably loose again)

--
- Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10