[DMCForum] Re: Possible alternator trouble and more

[DMCForum] Re: Possible alternator trouble and more

One and the same. Good to hear from you too! Haven't really had a lot
of time to stay up on the list since starting here in Mississippi, but
I try to check in now and again. Tried sending Mark V. an email or two
but never got a response, and I never got either of you two's email
addresses.

I was thinking since I've got the original water pump on still that
maybe that squealing noise was it not rotating freely causing the belt
to slip and work itself loose, as Martin also suggested. After
retightening it the day before yesterday and having a good look at it,
I was a bit uncomfortable and took some tools and an extra belt with
me to work yesterday. Sure enough, just as I was driving out of the
flightline on my way home from work it broke, so I had to do a little
roadside swap. Hopefully this one lasts longer. I've been scared to
replace the water pump so far because I've read that you're almost
certain to snap one of the bolts trying to remove it and I don't have
any experience drilling out broken bolts; I figured as long as it's
working why get myself into a jam. Looks like I may have little choice
soon?

Dave

PS - Greg: How bout that Florida-Tennessee game this year? GO GATORS!!

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:

> Dave?  Of the DMCH Open House having a few beers in the lobby Dave?
Good to
> see you are still around!  Mark V. was just telling me recently how
quiet
> your car was.
>
> If the teeth on the belt look worn that can be normal if the belt was
> slipping for awhile.
>
> Greg

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte