Re: [DMCForum] 10989 update

Group,

Okay, no religion, no politics, but to quote Greg (of
Tennessee fame) "Sex Are Good"!!.  Would you folks
believe that after working on the Josh's car for many,
many, many, many hours, I was able to talk him through
the procedure for unsticking a clutch that was locked
up, via the phone??  And the outcome, you all already
know, his car is moving under it's power!!  :-)

I was stumped yesterday, and had to leave with the car
running, but not moving.  On my drive back, I realized
that instead of a bad master cylinder on the clutch,
the pressure plate might be stuck to the flywheel,
just like several of my MG's.  I was on the phone with
him when he got it to work, and I've got to say, "It
was almost orgasmic", of course, when you're my age,
it don't take a whole lot to be labeled "orgasmic"!!
:-)   (I threw that in for Lauren)

Guys & Gals,  you just don't know how great it is to
see a 19 year old progress as much as Josh has.  He
and I have had our ups and downs, but overall, he is
learning about his car in leaps and bounds.  Shoot, he
may even show up at 2006 driving his Delorean.  And if
he does, Ya'll have got to promise me that he doesn't
get into a confrontation with MLTAW.  He may be
skinney, but he's mean as hell when pissed.

Now, here's my question:  we tried to bleed the clutch
according to the manual and getting to the slave
cylinder is a real BIT-H, to say the least.  What is
the size nut on the bleed screw, and are there any
hints to open and close it easily??  We had to do
everything by feel and I just want to be sure we were
doing it correctly.  (Now I know why I like my
automatic!!!!!)

MIKE    TPS    1630