[DMCForum] Re: UTI

Sounds to me like you don't want to be an engineer. So don't do it.
besides that, the job market for engineering sucks. Every foriegn
student from abroad is becoming one, or already is. So the entire
market is a bit more than saturated.

However, car repair is a nice avenue... See, most old mechanics don't
know modern car electronics, and HATE ODB-II control systems, and
related components. However, if car repair is something you want to
do, and you're already familiar and comfortable with these systems,
you could really take that kind of a carrier by storm. Especially if
as we start to seek out and utilize alternative (to gasoline) fuels,
if you're experienced in these areas.

See if there is something simular to do in college, since you're
already there. Otherwise, don't enter into a career based around a
subject that you are not all that fond of. You'll be miserable the
rest of your life, and frustrated every day you show up for work.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:

> I know that math is something that I will always need to know but
> Engineering is all math. I can do math but it is not my favorite
> subject. My dad told me to think. If all the careers paid the same,
> what would I want to be doing right now? Working on old cars. Now I
> know that I don't know much about DeLoreans because they are a
> different car then any other that I have worked on. I also had the
> right tools needed for the job.
>
> Josh
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Well, wherever you go, you're going to need math. It's not that
> you're
> > going to be using formulas as they exactly appear in your textbooks
> > your're entire life. After all, simple addition, and subtraction is
> > all you need to balance a simple checkbook. But you need to learn
> > things like algebra, because it teaches you a thought process that
> > you'll need.
> >
> > Car repair is the perfect example.
> >
> > Here is a simple algebra problem: 1+X=3. To solve it, you have to
> > think backwards, and see what is missing from the equasion. Your
> end
> > goal is the value of "3", and you know that you already have a
> value
> > of "1" in the equasion. So you take away what you already know you
> > have, and you'll discover that the answer to 1+X=3 is "2". So the
> > correct formula when sovled appears as: 1+2=3.
> >
> > Now apply that to car repair. You press the headlight switch on
> your
> > car, and the headlights do not come on. So, you've got an equation
> of:
> > "Push Headlight Switch+X=Headlights Turn On".
> >
> > So, you've got one part of the equasion, the value of "Push
> Headlight
> > Switch", and you've got the end value that you want to obtain:
> > "Headlights Turn On". So now you've got the "equation" laid out,
> and
> > you troubleshoot everything accordingly. So, let's say that the
> > problem is a burned out fuse. You replace it, and everything works
> > now. So the answer to this equasion is: "Push Headlight
> Switch+Recieve
> > Power From Fused Source=Headlights Turn On".
> >
> > That's the goal of many mathematical courses. Not always to bug you
> > with formulas that the average person won't use in their lifetime,
> but
> > to teach you new thought processes that you can utilize to better
> > solve problems.
> >
> > Now yes, there are many carreers out there where you're going to
> need
> > to use the literal formulas themselves. You may have to figure out
> the
> > square footage of an area to know how much cement you need to
> order,
> > and pour. You'll need some pretty complex knowlege to be able to
> map
> [...]

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS