[DMCForum] Clutch / Transmission questions

[DMCForum] Clutch / Transmission questions

2 clutch / transmission questions for everyone.  For reference, the
following links point to the 2 things that i have questions on:
http://www.babbtechnology.com/temp/clutch.jpg or http://tinyurl.com/ccm2e

1: - working on replacing my clutch and clutch slave cylinder (clutch
had gotten to the point where it would not engage at all).  With
everything apart, the clutch actually looks like it is in pretty good
condition, but if you look at the shaft coming out of the transmission
and compare it to the throwout bearing there are splines on the bearing
but none on the shaft. Is that correct, or are there supposed to be
teeth on the shaft as well to line up with the bearing?

2: - there are a pair of wires that plug in to the side of the
transmission that appear to have been burned in half a long time ago.
what the heck are these supposed to do?

Thanks!

Michael

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10