Re: [DMCForum] Re: [DML] Re: Torsion bar adjustment

timnagin wrote:

> I don't recall if it was my car or someone else's but one of the passenger
> side bolts for the retainer plate was larger.  I will have to look at
> my car
> again but I think these are riv-nuts, right?  I would be concerned about
> spinning them in the fiberglass while trying to tap them larger.

No, it's a captive thread in the roof plate. I've re-threaded a couple.

> There were three 13mm bolts and one 14mm I think.  Either way, one was
> larger but it didn't look like it had ever been apart before.

13mm - standard M8 bolt. But you might be right. I occasionally get odd
sizes of washers etc in packs of 100. I've had a bolt with acompletely
round head in a pack of bolts before!

Martin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS