Re: [DMCForum] Re: [DML] Re: Torsion bar adjustment

Ryan Wright wrote:

> OK. I'll run out to Home Depot and see if I can find one of these.

Not the sort of thing I'd expect to find in our equivalent over here,
but a decent tool shop that does metric stuff should know immediately
what you mean. If Helicoil doesn't make sense, say "thread insert kit"

> So, I don't see any splines protuding. In fact the torsion bar is
> completely "in" the hole on the bracket. There is no torsion bar
> extending beyond the outside of the bracket. Does that make sense? If
> not, I can go out and take a picture.

No that makes perfect sense.... strange. I take it you've tried two
small pry bars, one on each side to pull it off? I've had some stubborn
ones but they always come off like that. Much easier if you take the
louvers off, and even better with the roof out the way, though this
might not be practical!

The Allen key is a 3/8"

Martin

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10