[DMCForum] Re: [DML] Re: Torsion bar adjustment

[DMCForum] Re: [DML] Re: Torsion bar adjustment

Hi again folks,

OK, there's a problem. One of the bolt holes on the passenger side is
stripped beyond repair. We relieved all pressure on the torsion bar
and now I have to figure out how to fix this. I'm guessing it's "tap &
die" time?

I've never used a tap & die set before. Looks like I get to purchase a
new toy and learn a new techinque. Any advice on how to proceed from
here would be greatly appreciated.

Driver's side bolts are just fine. Came off & went on without a
problem. The bracket is stuck to the torsion bar and won't come off; I
knew this before I started, I was just hoping the PB Blaster had done
it's job. We bolted it back down and I'll keep shooting it with PB
Blaster daily, then we'll try again every week or so until we get it.
For now I can catch that door manually.

-Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS