RE: [DMCForum] Re: All people of faith are dumb, and so am I apparently.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [DMCForum] Re: All people of faith are dumb, and so am I apparently.



Well, as I said originally... just because one sees people disappear does
not mean they went with the rapture.  Only the people who actually
disappeared would know what really happened.

If this was not due to the rapture, but appeared to be so, then it could be
because of anything you listed below or something else entirely that never
even entered our minds.

I wonder how many people, who are willing to accept the rapture, would pause
just before and analyze the situation.  Would they be so happy this was
happening that they would over look some small details?  Would they question
something that may not seem right?  Would they question at all?

Greg


-----Original Message-----
From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ryan Wright
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:04 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: All people of faith are dumb, and so am I
apparently.

> I understand what your point is but your analogy is weak.  Any
sufficiently
> advanced technology is indiscernible from magic, or in this case, what may
> appear to be religious in nature.
>
> Just because all Christians suddenly disappeared does not mean they went
> somewhere due to the rapture.  We can not yet alter matter to form other
> matter but that doesn't mean it can't be done.  Seeing is not always
> believing, just ask any magician.
>
> I have had this very same discussion with a few religious people I know.

So, you would have some other theory that is more plausable?

I don't see how it could be anything other than proof. Billions of
Christians disappear from the planet as foretold in a centuries old
book. What else could it be? Could you honestly come up with a theory
to explain this?

Are agnostics so opposed to the idea of God that they would completely
dismiss a rapture as being proof of God's existance? They'd rather
believe some equally wild theory about aliens or secret ray guns or
whatnot taking everyone away? I mean, you've got:

1. Aliens eat the Christians.
2. Another dimension eats the Christians.
3. Some crazy time travel hypothesis.
4. Any other random, wild theory, or:
5. Billions of people who hold roughly the same ideas on life and
death were right and there's something to this old book.

Now, I'm a logical person myself. And there was a time when I didn't
believe in God at all. I thought the Christians were silly. Yet I
still would have made the same call. Logically, #5 is by far - by FAR
- the most valid choice. To the point, I think, of being proof.

-Ryan



SPONSORED LINKS
Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS






Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive