[DMCForum] Re: The Church all give away their money for good purposes?

[DMCForum] Re: The Church all give away their money for good purposes?

Yep, I know a lot of horror stories from catholic churches too. But
we have the choice to not go to church and not give them money.
Ryan mantioned what his church does, which is great that they help,
but not necessarily all of them follow that basic rule as they
should. Churches are ran by men so there can be flaws. Not a
religious example: just last night I was watching the news and this
guy was on tv last week and all saying he lost everything in new
orleans. He was faking it all, gave the money he received from
charity on a down payment for a new car. Now he is in jail where he
belongs.
Unfortunately people take advantage of tragic events like the
hurricane. In the same way that people who work at churches may steal
and never get caught, things would be a lot better if they were
always caught!

Flavia
--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> Here is a story about a catholic church.   My aunt and here husband
> belonged to their catholic church in Waconda, IL  for almost 30
years.

> Her husband got sick with heart disease and lost his job.  They had
no
> income for over two years.
>
> She went to the catholic church for help.
>
> You what they offered her after 30 year of thousands of dollars of
> contributions.
>

> NOT A DAMN THING.    They would not even give her family a bag of
> groceries.
>

> I know of a lot more stories like this.  Priest spending money at
strip
> clubs.  Buying new cars all the time, taking long extended
expensive
> vacations.     Buying resort properties and then disappearing.
>

> Yes, there may be a few honest churches.   BUT as many  people say
IF
> THE CHURCHES DON"T PAY TAXES
>
> THEY SHOULD STAY OUT OF GOVERNMENT AND OTHER PEOPLE LIVES.
>
> Bob

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS