[DMCForum] Re: Commercial nuclear power plants & Alternative Energy.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I am not in alternative universe.  I deal with public health issues and
> policies and risk assessment on a daily basis.  I have seen more of the
> hidden information from the public in this country, than most people
> see in a lifetime.

Sorry about that. I tend to get pissed off at people who dismiss
groups of people numbering in the millions to billions as stupid
because of their faith.

> Creationism is totally against science.

Really? How much research have you done on this? If you break it down,
there are a lot of parallels between the order of events in Genesis
and the macroevolutionary theory (Evolution with a big E - Big Bang,
all that). Big things, like the land being one mass and being
separated, water animals before land animals, and even things like the
location of the Garden of Eden - somewhere in Mesopotamia, argued by
many as the source of the first humans. You cannot possibly say it
goes totally against science, unless you're willing to pull a Michael
Newdow and simply state 'There is no evidence' when people shove
evidence in your face...... </rant>

It gives people an excuse not
> to study science because "god created everything and I don't need to
> know about it."   That is a direct quote from hundreds of christian
> adults that I have dealt with and attempted to teach in training
> classes over the years.

Then the Christians in your area are either mindless sheep or very
misled. They are also condemned to a degree in the Bible - anyone who
just goes through the motions and doesn't actually do anything ('sheep
and goats' comes to mind, although the word sheep is used
differently). I consider anyone who 'believes' only because someone
told them to to be just as bad as those who only go through the
motions. Same as those who believe what they believe because a priest
told them to - we all know that lots of church leaders are corrupt.

> The other one by kids who flunk science is "My parents said,  I don't
> need to know this so I didn't do my homework."

More of the same. Don't just believe what your parents tell you. At
the least you need to read up on your faith. If you plan to
argue/debate with people, you need to read up outside of your beliefs
- saying 'Creationism is true because the Bible says so' is not a good
way to be taken seriously. Believe me. I know.

> This creationism excuse keeps people stupid and able to be controlled
> by disinformation.

Maybe the ones where you live. How many diehard Christians have you
met that actually know what they're talking about? And I still don't
see how Creationism = anti nuclear policies. Even saying it causes
people to not believe in science limits your argument to a small
minority. You can't ignore either side entirely - if either side was
so obviously wrong, either science or Christianity would have
collapsed by now. It's not that simple.

> BOB

-Adam Stadnick
No VIN - maybe after I'm named as an Eagle Scout I'll get #3416?
JESUS IS LORD!

P.S. - Don't read every usage of the word 'you' as referring to any
one person.. more like a general advice type of 'you'

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS