Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

<SIGH>

Comments below.

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You're forgetting one very important thing here,
> Marc: I don't care.

Then why are you responding?

:)

> DMCH make profit, that's a given. And by what I'm
> seeing here, they're
> turning a pretty good profit at that. And that's
> obviously a benefit
> for them. However, there's also a HUGE benefit to
> me. And that is that
> I get to have easy access to reasonably priced
> parts, I can have them
> shipped out to me in a timely manner, as well as I
> can help
> participate in the reproduction of defunct parts
> whose supply is now
> exhausted. And the best part is that I don't have to
> live in fear of
> Steve Wynn throwing a temper-tantrum, and refusing
> to sell me
> anything, because he doesn't like something I wrote
> on the internet.

I agree 100%  Have I said otherwise?

> As for Concours, who cares again. DMCH worked to
> help set the
> requirements, but I don't believe that anywhere in
> their literature
> did they say that you *MUST* buy the parts from
> them. If I'm wrong,
> please show me.

NOS is the requirement, and where do NOS parts come
from?

If you own a 17xxx car with the 81 muffler, you need
to buy a 82 muffler for concours, where does that
muffler (NOS) come from?

> In the end, this is a win-win situation for everyone
> involved here.
> DMCH gets to turn a profit, and I get to fuel my car
> hobby further.

Again, I agree 100%.  You make this statement as if I
have said otherwise!  This is why people are afraid to
post on the Internet (more so than not being sold
parts).  Because, James is reading your message and
probably thinking that "Marc has a problem with DMCH
making a profit".   * I DON'T *

> I begining to think that rather than keep out the
> CIA brainwaves, that
> tinfoil hat you seem to wear has helped cook your
> brain, with all the
> faux DMCH conspiracy theories you concoct...

faux DMCH conspiracy?  IIRC, Anything I have accused
DMCH of has never been disproved... And there are
limited "problems", They just keep getting discussed
over and over again.  I don't need to pat them on the
back, everyone else seems to have that covered.

In this particular discussion (the Forbes article) I
was just pointing out that it confirmed my claim that
the Concours event is nothing more than a marketing
tool.  Furthermore, I would not have a problem with
that if the masses accepted it for what it is.