[DMCForum] Re: Katrina Thread

Look at it the way I see it, People from New Orleans are moving into
my town in Arkansas so I am aware of the aftermath.

The people had warning to get out and something like 90% did, that's
a good number. Why did the mobile that stayed, stay? One man that
lost everything told me that nobody expected it to be that bad and I
agree with him. He however didn't blame the government or the
rescuers. The president and everybody else including me can not fully
comprehend the extend of the damage until we go down to see and smell
it. If I were in charge of a fleet of trucks that were to go down
there I would be hesitent. People are shooting at the hand that is
trying to feed them. I wouldn't want to risk the lives of my men and
trucks to help people when I could lose that.

On terrorism, you have to bring it down to kid level. Imagine them as
a bully and you are the kid that they are bulling. I don't know about
you but if someone hits me in the face, I'm going to do all I can to
knock the poop out of them. That is the only way the extremest know,
the bible calls them a donkey of a man. I do think that the peace in
the middle east is in vain. The only time there will be peace over
there is when the Anti Christ comes according to Revalations. I'm not
anti Arabic, one of my childhood mentors was Arabic. On top of that
his family drills oil, how he ended up in Arkansas teaching martial
arts is beyond me.

People are too critical on others that make different choices and
they don't know what it is like to be in their shoes. We have no idea
what the President puts up with and the stress he has. Take Clinton,
when he went in his hair had color, now it's white.

If anyone knows someone from New Orleans that is in Arkansas, let me
know. My church has a troubled youth "camp" Called Second Change
Ranch that they are opening to 75 families of Katrina to live there
until they find a new home. It hasn't even opened so it's brand new
and will be free for the families, also my sister is taking a van
load of medicine tommorrow down to the doctors in New Orleans. Just
to let you all know.

Josh

m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm a late comer to this thread, but:
>
> Isn't it possible the federal government was simply more razzle
> dazzled by the new phenomenon of international terrorism than the
old
> drudgery of natural disasters, allowed itself to become distracted,
> and now has been caught unprepared for the emergency at hand? No
> nefariousness, but simply planning for contingency A when it needs
> respond to contingency B (which I guess constitutes incompetence and
> negligence).
>
> It is our national shame that so many people are still suffering
from
> a government that has been myopically preparing for only one threat.
>
> A particularly stunning indictment will be if more people died from
> Katrina than 9/11 (which now stands at well less than 3,000 if
memory
> serves -- actually a failure on the terrorists' part since I'm sure
> they anticipated double digit thousand fatalities).
>
> I do wonder: what if New Orleans had been wiped out by a terrorist
> act? Would the national government have responded any differently?
>
> Bill Robertson

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS