[DMCForum] Re: Katrina The Genocide Plot Thickens

[DMCForum] Re: Katrina The Genocide Plot Thickens

Hey Bob,

Have you ever worked for the government?  I have!  The one thing I
don't want as a taxpayer, is my money going to an "administration
unfriendly" AKA Crooks & Thieves contractor stealing the money and
flying away somewhere.

You see, administration friendly, would be those contractors who have
filed the appropriate paperwork and are signed up as government
contractors (via a review process on their business and their
practices).  The contractor I worked for certainly is one and there
is a ton of government paperwork and contracts that require filing
and such.  It's a ton of work to get government contracts, but can
possibly be worth it and sometimes not.

Do you really want to just hand over part of 10 billion to an "A OK
Contractors" whose been in business for half a year?  You forget the
10 Billion belongs TO US!  Me and you!  And therefore, every penny
has to be accounted for and when you complain about time being of the
essence, those contractors who are already approved will be on their
way to help rebuild.

You see, you call for speed, but not organization or accounting of
where the money is going.  I'd rather know that 4 billion goes to
Haliburton if the job gets done and done well instead of, "Hey 2
billion disappeared??"

Wouldn't that look bad?  The President gets it enough, but man would
they have a field day with that!  It all has to do with the
accounting of where the money (again our money) goes.

Learn how the government operates, then you can go about trying to
explain stupid wastes of time.  Though slower than corporations, the
government is more efficient and atleast accounts for where the money
goes instead of cooking the books.

So what do you really want?  The government is a funny world to work
in, but makes sense once you've worked there.

Thanks,

Brandon
Vin 3323

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> I received this email yesterday.  It is the real thing.  You can
send
> in your resume and possible get some work.
>
> Here is the problem through.  FEMA in the past 30 years, has ALWAYS
> called up its emergency contractors that are obtained through a RFP
in
> the CBD.  They have not called up these contract employees.  Why?
>
> Instead, after getting 10 billion dollars they are now giving money
> an "administration friendly"  contractor like Haliburton.
>
> This is greatly delaying any help to these poor people.  Why?
This
> has never happened before.   Sure looks like another way to channel
> money to their rich friends.  How sad.
>
> FEMA is also ignoring all the CERT people from homeland security
> training.
>
> A bunch of my cohorts will be sending in their resumes, like
myself.
> It will be interesting to see who gets picked.
>
> PS.  The "excellent pay is only $50 per hour."  You live in tents,
on a
> cot.  You get no regular sleep.   Only 1-2 randomly.   It is
grueling
> afawl work because these contractors never get enough people to do
the
> job right.
>

> URGENT -EEF Members NEEDED.  The Institute for Building Technology
and
> Safety, under a subcontract with FEMA, is in immediate need of
skilled
> engineers, project managers, inspectors, estimators,
superintendents,
> CLC's and anyone with the above skills to be available for a 60 to
90
> day deployment to the Hurricane stricken sections of the U.S.
>
> Deployment on a 24-hour notice basis should be anticipated.
Excellent
> pay, commensurate with current salary, can be expected, however,
the
> job is hard, and the hours long. In addition to hourly wage, FEMA
will
> provide per-diems, travel, accommodations and other support.
Anyone
> who can be available to help in this crisis is encouraged to send
their
> résumé via e-mail or fax.
>
> For further information, please contact IBTS immediately. Contact
> information is below:
>
> Ken Bergner
> Project Manager/Business Development
> Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS)
> 505 Huntmar Park Drive, Suite 250
> Herndon, VA 20170
> kbergner@xxxx
> www.IBTS.org