[DMCForum] Re: Sanden 508 or 510, what should I use? Vin 3323 Update

[DMCForum] Re: Sanden 508 or 510, what should I use? Vin 3323 Update

I believe that my car has a Sanden 510 installed. Couldn't tell you
how well it works, because soon after I got the car, a faulty A/C
line, that was ghetto repaired ruptured. But the good news is that it
kept the car damn cold!

The accumulator/dryer is NOT that expensive of an item to replace, and
I do believe that they can easily be retrofitted to the later style.
ANY TIME THAT YOU EVEN SUSPECT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO AIR,
REPLACE THE DRYER!!!! It absorbs water, and helps to filer the system
to a degree. Mine plugged up full of gunk, and really killed the
cooling ability. Just go ahead and replace it.

Out of curiousity on your Eagle engine, what engine control unit are
you using to distribute engine spark?

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brandelorean" <brandelorean@xxxx> wrote:
> It's not so much that they haven't approved it, but I guess no one has
> hit the accept button on the posts as they have not changed at all
> today....from what I've noticed.
>
> I'm just looking for a good solid direction to go in, so that I can get
> everything hooked up from the frame to the body and drop it down.  I'm
> really anxious to begin the final torquing on the frame and get towards
> getting this engine working and cleaning up all the wiring.  Then on to
> rebuilding the interior....and then onto stripping the paint off the SS
> panels..and so on.
>
> SO what compressor should I use, and what about the accumulator/dryer?
> Anyone have an earlier 81 setup with the lower connection that can
> comment on if the 86 corvette dryer works or not?  It says it's only 55
> bucks at Autozone, which is great, but I want to make sure I can use
> it....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brandon
> Vin 3323
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> > > I tried posting this on the DML but it's taking forever to get
> > approved
> > > and would like a direction to head this week so I can commit to
> > > something!
> >
> > That's why more times than not I use this here list. DML is great for
> > the "purebreds" but I guess I'm a mutt:)
> >
> > Although that is an odd thing for the DML to reject. Usually they
> > reject things, like.... 6 year old Pepsi. Funny story.
> >
> > Josh

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS