[DMCForum] Re: God help our newest member

[DMCForum] Re: God help our newest member

And if nothing else, the panel can easily be repaired, or even
replaced. There is a guy here in Vegas who does body work on DeLoreans
by appointment, and he's hoarded a whole bunch of body panels
supposidly, as well as tools.

Stits took his rear quarter over to him when his car got tagged. This
wasn't just a dent, but a ripple from where the armored truck hit, and
just dug in. Imagine running your finger thru the top of a pool of
still water. Now imagine that the wake you left behind in the water,
is permanently in the stainless steel of a quarter panel. The repair
took 3 days, and you could never have told the difference between
anything. Absolutely beautiful.

So stainless can be repaired easily, and cheaply enough. The repairs
for a couple of dents in a DeLorean are cheaper than a top of the line
paint job, that could never keep it's luster as long. You real concern
is to inspect the underbody below the panel, and ensure that no damage
occured.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:
> The paint might be there to hide the damage, if so a black car is not a
> horrible thing.
> I thought Stephen's black car with the Ferrari wheels is one of the
best
> looking painted
> cars I have ever seen.
> - VB