Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

I can't remember the car club that I heard of in the past, but they
have been doing this for years.

It's a nationwide group (much like ours) that puts up $50 every two
years or so, to have a part re-tooled that was otherwise hard to get
or unavailable.  Now they have that part and I'm sure not everyone
needed it, but the point is that they do now.

I don't need a headlight switch, but I stepped up to the plate and
pre-ordered one anyway.  I am all for a professional corporation such
as DMCH to do this and I will back them up if I can.

Maybe if this is a success, other parts will be made available as well.

Johnny
5518

On 8/26/05, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/26/05, Videobob Moseley <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I think that DMCH should have just made the damned things instead of putting
> > all the demand on all of us and making those who have paid wait forever for
> > the switch.
>
> Anyone who pre-ordered a switch knew exactly what they were getting
> into. Don't you dare start a pity party.
>
> DMCH doesn't have all of the cash in the world, you know. I can
> virtually guarantee they're already paying for an awful lot of
> headlight switches they may never sell, even with all of the
> preorders. They're already sticking their necks out on this one and
> are only asking for a little help. After all, the switches are for us,
> not them...
>
> I'm just happy they decided to do this in the first place. Most
> companies would say, "Screw it. We're not doing all this work for a
> potential economic loss. They can live without headlight switches."
>
> -Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS