[DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch (advice)

[DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch (advice)

LEDs are a great solution to keeping the stock wiring. The switch
itself carries the load of quite a few items. At least 10 external
lamps, 9 internal lights from what I can tell. Moddifying the switch
to trip a relay, or to have a fuse at the very least is a great idea.
But in any case, you want to have that preventative maintenance in
place to take care of any problems before they come into being.

My problem was the front, drivers side clearance light. The lense had
cracked, and was allowing water inside the lamp assembly. Between the
tight fit of the socket, and the sealed conduit the wiring is encased
in, the fluid had no where to go. So the bulb socket rusted together,
and created a dead short which melted the switch. Slowly the first
time, but not so slow the second.

As for JetJock/Checksix3/Gary/chernobylite, why do you continue to
talk to this person? Stop it. You're just feeding companionship to a
lonely guy on the internet, who keeps talking to you.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> JetJock/Checksix3/Gary/chernobylite emailed me some unsolicited
> information stating that I'll "burn my car to the ground like
> Robertson did" if I don't install John Hervey's splice or take
other
> action because the base electrical system doesn't provide proper
> protection.
>
> He then proceeded to offer me advice on style and personal grooming
> because he says I look like a "dork" in the photo on my Yahoo
profile.

> I informed him that the insult with which he laces his free advice
is
> why no one ever wants his .000000002 cents worth.
>
> While it is true that the new switch is the same old engineering,
the
> steps I've taken to "unload" the circuit a little, is to install
> LED's wherever possible. Your solution may vary.
>
> Just something to consider,
>
> Rich A.
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> > I just ordered my switch less than an hour ago.
> >
> > Mark V
> >

> > On Aug 24, 2005, at 10:56 AM, therealdmcvegas wrote:
> >
> > > I did. And I payed $130 for one. And until I tracked down the
> short
> > > in the wiring causing it to overheat, I destroyed 2 of them in
the
> > > process.
> > >
> > > From what I've heard, the last of the stock of headlight
switches
> was
> > > bought up a couple years ago. And we'll probably see another
> round of
> > > these things getting bought up. The switches wear out one of two
> > > ways: 1. Electrical issue finally melts the entire unit (time
> > > vaires). 2. Constant pushing on the center of the button will
rub
> off
> > > the graphic.
> > >
> > > So yes, a few of us out there do actually NEED these switches.
> I'll
> > > be putting in my order tonight.
> > >
> > > -Robert
> > >

> > > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx>

> > > Yahoo! Groups Links

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS