Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

the cap on mine is worn a bit too, but why replace the
whole switch for just a cap?

$130?  Holy crap, I should have sold my spare (Came
with 1860, I am not a hoarder).

Maybe a fuse would have been better than melting the
switch?

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did. And I payed $130 for one. And until I tracked
> down the short
> in the wiring causing it to overheat, I destroyed 2
> of them in the
> process.
>
> From what I've heard, the last of the stock of
> headlight switches was
> bought up a couple years ago. And we'll probably see
> another round of
> these things getting bought up. The switches wear
> out one of two
> ways: 1. Electrical issue finally melts the entire
> unit (time
> vaires). 2. Constant pushing on the center of the
> button will rub off
> the graphic.
>
> So yes, a few of us out there do actually NEED these
> switches. I'll
> be putting in my order tonight.
>
> -Robert
<SNIP>