[DMCForum] Re: Engine Bay Touch Up

Hey Greg,

Luckily the frame was really in good condition and I figured I'd do
it now when the frame was in good condition than later when it might
be worthless.  I went with black because I had a few things done in
Near Chrome and black was definitely the way to go.  As for semi-
gloss black, I went that direction because a lot of the hot rodders
and restorers like using the semi-gloss because it doesn't show
scratches or finger prints as easily as gloss does and really looks
sharp.  I used POR 15 in all the holes and made sure to coat every
corner, a couple of times.

I'm using the Eagle Premier engine there and decided while tons of
other parts were being powdercoated to have the valve covers, intake,
y pipe, and heater core pipes done at the same time.  I simply
painted the block black using an engine semi-gloss black paint and
painted the exhaust manifolds an aluminum ceramic silver color (very
high temp of course) that looks pretty close to the near chrome.

I figure if it looks good, it has to run good....right?  Well we'll
see lol but luckily this engine only had 25k miles on it when pulled
and so, based on reliability, should last quite a while.  Once I can
save up enough I may go for a different engine swap or who
knows...get another D?  I'd definitely like a black, gas flap, manual
to have some fun with :)

I've loved Deloreans since I was forever young and it feels good
knowing every bit and piece behind it.  I'm very excited about this
week because the car will finally be one piece and we'll have tons of
extra room to get things done faster.  It's been almost 6 months with
the frame and body taking up both spaces in the garage.

Can't wait!

Brandon
Vin 3323

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Wow, that looks awesome!  Did you have to replace any metal in the
frame?
> Why did you decide to go with black?  Just curious.  Do you have
any more
> pictures on the web?
>
> Greg

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS